Hazards Data Distribution System (HDDS)
USGS EROS Center is pleased to announce the upcoming release of HDDS Explorer (http://hddsexplorer.usgs.gov).
On April 21, 2014, USGS is planning to release HDDS Explorer as the production system for serving disaster response imagery. The current HDDS will not be available for use after this time. Any users accessing the current URL will be redirected to the new system.
All current HDDS functionality is present in the new system, along with the following enhancements:
1) Ability to do text based searches using addresses, location names, features, etc.
2) Ability to upload a Shape, KML or KMZ file for use as AOI search criteria - must contain 30 points or less.
3) Ability to search across all events based on common criteria.
4) Enhanced search and pre-filtering capabilities.
5) Ability to save search criteria for future use.
6) Standing request service for automatic notification of new data availability.
7) Custom WMS creation based on image selections – select the shopping cart icon on the image tool tray.
8) Browse comparison tool.
9) Browse opacity tool.
Please use the feedback tool to provide any comments or report problems with the new system. We welcome your input!